It’s my honour to announce that fellow blogger and dog lover, Carol Graham, has nominated me for a LIEBSTER AWARD! The word “Liebster”, loosely translated from German means “Beloved”, so it’s all good. Thank you, Carol!
This award makes you work for it! First, list 11 personal facts, then answer 11 questions by the nominator. Next, choose 5-10 (or 11?) other bloggers to nominate and make a list of 11 questions for them.
So, here goes! Hopefully, my non-blogging friends will find these revelations somewhat interesting as well.
ELEVEN FACTS ABOUT ME:
[Click on red links for more]
[Click on grey links for more]
1) Can you tell me about yourself in 5 words or less? Well-travelled, animal-lover, eternal hippie/rockchick
2) What are you passionate about? Hubby, animals, history, injustice, music, travel and culture, writing
3) Do you have a Bucket List? If so, how many items and your number one most important? Not on paper, but in my head and they’re sorted into different categories, like travel, life goals, even rock concerts. (Couldn’t say how many, unless I were to actually make a list.) My number one MOST important of all, exploring Greece, was accomplished in Sept, 2013. Dream come true! ♥
4) What is your favorite dog breed and why? I like many breeds, but especially Dalmatians. We had one for almost 16 years and she was the greatest dog ever! Intelligent, independent and beautiful. Miss her terribly. ♥♥ Black Labs are very attractive to me, as well. Sweet and loyal, plus their coats are gorgeous when they glisten in the sun. While not a huge fan of Terriers in general, I adore Jack Russells. These little dogs have big personalities and are incredibly smart! Mutts are wonderful too and often healthier than the purebreds. We had two sweet little girls early in our marriage, whom we loved dearly.
5) Do you like to cook and if so, your favorite type of dishes? I like to cook for company, but find it more of a drudgery, day-to-day. Italian food is my favourite, especially seafood. Linguine with shrimp and clams in a light, white wine sauce is a signature dish.
6) What angers you the most? Abuse, bigotry, cruelty, deception, injustice
7) What is your biggest pet peeve? Hard to choose! One of the biggest is people who don’t scoop their dogs’ poop. This is especially disgusting in the spring, when you see partially decomposed piles of shit everywhere! Do they think it will melt, just like the snow??!
8) What are your best qualities? Empathy, Honesty, Integrity, Intelligence, Tolerance
9) What are your worst traits, if you dare to share? I have this perfectionist bent and often drive myself and those closest to me crazy because of it. Tightly wound, type A personality with a touch of OCD. Also, I am a hopeless procrastinator who works best under pressure. Absent-minded, argumentative and getting worse with age!
10) What is something you hate doing but have to? Housework. Such drudgery!
11) How long have you been blogging? The Doglady’s Den blog has been around since 2009, when Windows Live Spaces got taken over by WordPress.com. I was just playing around then, but became more dedicated to it in 2012 and switched to self-hosted WordPress.org in January, 2013.
So, now that you know me a little better, I hope you’ll enjoy spending time at The Den. Comments always make my day!
These are my nominations for the LIEBSTER AWARD, should you choose to accept:Cathy Graham at Cattitude and GratitudeGuillie Castillo at Life in DogsKathy Combs at The Giggling Trucker’s Wife Writes♦♦♦♦♦11 QUESTIONS FOR THE NOMINEES:(Borrowing heavily from Carol)1) Can you tell me about yourself in 5 words or less?2) What are you passionate about?3) Do you have a Bucket List? If so, what is your number one most important?4) What is your biggest regret?5) What is your biggest accomplishment?6) What angers you the most?7) What is your biggest pet peeve?8) What are your best qualities?9) What are your worst traits, if you dare to share?10) What is something you hate doing but have to?11) How long have you been blogging?♦♦♦♦♦AWARD RULES:*Link back and thank the blogger who nominated you in your post.*List 11 facts about yourself.*Answer 11 questions by whoever nominated you.*Ask 11 new questions to 5 – 10 bloggers with less than 300 followers [not sure how you’d be able to tell, so I’m not going to worry about that part] – do NOT re-nominate the blog that nominated you.*Go to their blogs and tell them they have been nominated.*HAVE FUN*NO PRESSURE! Acceptance is strictly optional. ☺
This is my second blogging award and although I’m not the competitive type, it is nice to know that someone thinks so highly of you!