Here’s another one of those fun ‘getting to know you’ questionnaires I found over at Emily’s World, hosted by the lovely Emily of Roscommon, Ireland. Since the TMI: 26 Things Blogfest was so successful, I thought this might have similar results and Emily agreed to join me. Are you game? Let me know in a comment, then go to THIS PAGE to copy and paste the questions into your post. Please help yourself to a logo as well and link back to The Doglady’S Den @ http://thedogladysden.com/30-odd-questions-blogfest/ When you’re finished, add your entry to the list below. It will be open all summer, so take your time. If you don’t have a blog, or prefer not to write a post, you can play along in the comment section. In the spirit of a good blogfest, please read the other entries, add a comment and share their posts to your social media networks. Thanks for joining the party!
HERE WE GO!
ANSWERS IN ITALICS:
- What did you want to be when you were a kid? Playwright/screenwriter/reporter (Like Lois Lane). I took several creative writing courses and also studied journalism at college but only for a year.
- Which “Friends” character do you relate to the most? Why? Monika; same OCD, perfectionist bent.
Read more @ ‘P’ is for PEDANTIC
- Do you like your name? Why? No! Much too common in my generation. There were seven Debbies in my grade eight classroom.
- Are you messy or neat? I used to be a neat freak, BC (before computer). Not so much, anymore. Read more @ PROCRASTINATION
- How tall are you? Last time I checked, 5’5″ (~1.65 m).
- How tall were you when you were 10? Probably around 5’2″ (~1.57 m) – same height as my mother.
- What is your guilty pleasure? NICKELBACK, the band so many people love to hate!
- What are you saving money for right now? Retirement, travelling, rock concerts. Read more @ WHAT’S ON YOUR BUCKET LIST?
- How many Pringles can you eat at once? I could eat the whole damn thing if left to my own devices. Don’t keep that stuff around.
- Tea or coffee? Coffee, the plain and simple kind, served by Tim Hortons. None of that fancy Starbucks stuff! Authentic Italian Cappucino is good though, especially when you add a shot of Sambuca. (Don’t go to Starbucks for that! Not up to par.) Read more @ CUP OF COFFEE
- Are you an introvert or an extrovert? I used to be a party animal extrovert with introverted tendencies. Now, it’s the other way around. Read more @ OLD TIMES, LONG AGO,
- What will be your Halloween costume this year? Nada. Halloween has been banished. Not fun, with a houseful of dogs. Bedlam at the door!
- Sweet or salty? Both, with sweet getting the upper hand. Carb addict, trying to break the habit!
- Favourite social media? Well, most of my online time is spent in the Blogosphere, either writing posts or commenting on those of others. Does that count? When there’s time, I do enjoy hanging out with my Facebook friends.
- Who is the last person you kissed? Hubby! We’ll be celebrating our 44th wedding anniversary this August. Read more @ HOW TO SUSTAIN A LOVE RELATIONSHIP.
- What is your favourite breakfast? Normally, it’s just coffee with cereal, fruit, yogurt, etc. Special occasions are fun, though, starting with Mimosas (champagne and orange juice) and likely something wildly fattening, like croissants or panettone.
- When is your birthday? January 27th, which makes me an Aquarius, if you’re into Astrology. Even though I don’t believe in that stuff, it’s amazing how many of the traits are spot on!
- When did you start your blog? Way back in 2009, but it was mostly just music videos then. I started getting more serious about it in 2012 and got my own domain and website in 2013.
- What is your opinion on the Kardashians? PFFFT! Why are they even famous?! Superficial narcissists, IMO. ~rolling eyes~
- How would you describe your style? Eternal hippie/rockchick. Read more @ ‘B’ is for BOHEMIAN.
- What colour is your hair? Silver/white/grey. It’s the new blonde, doncha know? 😉 Read more @ ALMOST CUT MY HAIR
- What colour socks are you wearing? No socks. Going barefoot today. It’s like summer, here. Hope it lasts!
- What is your dream job? Hmm, how about travel agent/consultant? Get paid to visit exotic locations. Cool! Actually, what I’m doing now, looking after some wonderful dogs, is a pretty good dream job. See more @ Category: Petsitting
- Dogs or cats? I’m a lifelong dog person. Cats are cute and I used to do house calls for them as part of my business. Never had one, though, and that would be difficult now, with the canine visitors.
- What makes you weird? Weird?? Moi??? 😀 I refuse to act the part of the ‘stuffy old lady’, preferring to stick with my ‘hippie’ vibe. Keeps me young at heart!
- Celebrity crush? A few, mostly rock stars. One goes all the way back to 1968. Read more @ JOHN KAY & STEPPENWOLF. The latest one is Italian blues/rock superstar, Zucchero. We attended his concert recently and I was blown away by the level of talent. And, he’s a damn sexy sexagenarian!
- Opinion on cigarettes? Vile, disgusting, gross…. After smoking them for 37 years, I should know! They’re a serious health risk. So glad I was able to quit. Need help with that? Read more @ MY CIGARETTE ADDICTION AND HOW TO COPE WITH NICOTINE WITHDRAWAL.
- Do you want/have children? How many? Not human ones. Read more @ THE CHILDFREE LIFE. Only the furry, 4-legged kind. None of my own in 10 years, but I take care of other people’s at the ‘Canine Inn’ aka ‘The Doglady’s Den’. See more @ Category: Dogs
- Three favourite boy names? Christopher, Nigel, Richard
- Three favourite girl names? Julia, Samantha, Veronica.
There you have it; way more than you ever wanted to know about me.
Did anything surprise you?
Now, it’s your turn!
If you’d like to participate, let me know in a comment, then go to THIS PAGE to copy and paste the questions into your post. Please help yourself to a logo as well and link back to The Doglady’S Den @ http://thedogladysden.com/30-odd-questions-blogfest/ When you’re finished, add your entry to the list below. It will be open all summer, so take your time. In the spirit of a good blogfest, please read the other entries, add a comment and share their posts to your social media networks. Thanks for joining the party! If you don’t have a blog, or prefer not to write a post, you can play along in the comments.
Looking forward to your responses!
MORE FUN STUFF: