Question of the week, posed by Corinne Rodrigues:
What are the things that made you smile today?
Isn’t that a great question? It seems, there are so many things that make us frown on a daily basis.
This is such an instant mood brightener!
Although my day is only part-way through, several things have made me smile already:
1. My little buddy, “Arturo”, (real name “Arthur”, but, I give all my charges nicknames), a black poodle who is my sole house guest at the moment. It’s so cute the way he lies on top of the love seat, looking out the front window. All the small dogs enjoy doing that.
3. Additionally, I am smiling in anticipation of our overnight getaway, Feb. 8, to see Eric in person, performing with his old band, “The Animals”, (or a reasonable facsimile). My adoration spans almost half a century. Music I love always makes me smile, in general. Much of it even gives me shivers, (in a good way).
4. My daily, weekday morning phone call from Hubby; just to say “Hello” and chit chat for a moment. This is a break from the stresses of his job and always something I look forward to, (yes; even after more than 40 years of togetherness. That’s cause to smile, right there!)
5. Thinking of our main meal, later on, which hubby will pick up on the way home: Linguine with clam sauce and assorted seafood, prepared by the chef at the local Italian Club, (and of course, some Pinot Grigio to wash it down). They offer periodic themed dinners for members, to either eat there or take out. We prefer the latter, so we can “get comfortable”.
6. Phone call from a friend, who just retired today, after more than 30 years of teaching high school. We made a lunch date for tomorrow, to celebrate.
These are just some of the reasons I’m smiling today.
So, what are you smiling about?
Please, do tell!
The Writer’s Post Blog Hop, Week #66